Sunday, September 5, 2010

VIDEO :: August Favorites




So! It's that time again that I share with you all, my favorite products that i happened to use a whole bunch during the month of August.



here are the products mentioned in the video:




1. Urban Decay Naked Palette:
Yes this product i had used almost everyday for work when i was in a hurry, i'd just put on a few of the colors like sin all over the lid and it was just lovely, fast and easy.. and the colors are gorgeous! the texture of the shadows are so buttery feeling, some people have complained about fall out or too much glitter/shimmer.. but i have no problem with either :) so i had to include the Naked Palette as my favorites for August (and perhaps will continue to stay there for September as well!) I liked that it did come with an eyeliner in the palette, but i honestly just didn't use it as much as i thought i would (the eyeliners).





2. Covergirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Black
This was my go-to eyeliner.. for when i wanted to wear eyeliner only, on the go etc if i was in a hurry, i'd find myself reaching for this one.. the texture is quite creamy, only thing is you have to kind of layer it (not so much) to get the dark black that I desired..  but this barely smudged on me (since ALL eyeliners do on me) this one was very long lasting, and i absolutely love this product! will definitely be stocking up on this one and getting a few back-ups.





3.MAC All that Glitters Eyeshadow



So if i didn't use my naked palette, or was too lazy to pull it out or was really running late, i'd just put All that Glitters all over the eyelid (with a brush or finger) and i was good to go.. i love the texture of this eyeshadow, it has shimmers in it, but not too much where it's overpowering.. just enough to notice that you are wearing something on the lids.. but it was subtle enough that it wasn't like you had discolights on your eyes lol :) it is such an amazing color and i think it's a staple to have in your collection! 






4. Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent
I had been reading so many reviews on this specific setting powder and didn't want to purchase like a blot powder, because i wanted to try something different.. and heard so many good reviews on this on other bloggers reviews.. so i decided to bite the bullet and purchase it.. August was such a hot hot hot month, temperatures reaching over 100 degrees (sometimes like 105!) and this helped tremendously keep the oilies at bay.. i mean i did still have the normal shine throughout the day, but using a blot paper fixed it.. but my makeup was still fully intact and blush was there too! (because usually my blush would be gone by 12noon).. this is a loose powder, it's extremely finely milled, so theres no chalkiness, or cakeing at all.. which i love, it fills in the pores and fine lines without settling in them.. i love it! and a little goes a long way and this little tub of heaven will last me a long time!





5. Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted MOisturizer SPF 15 in Linen
I also had heard SO many great things about this particular tinted moisturizer.. and i had never tried Sonia Kashuk's products before (only their brushes - which i love too) .. and this was amazing! it claimed to be a tinted moisturizer, and it's very liquidy/watery.. had a hint of suncreen smell, but wasn't so bad - it was tolerable.. and actually this is buildable coverage which is cool and it actually lasted on my oily skin! so yay to this! i did use my Sigma F80 brush to apply it to give my skin/face a flawless finish, but if i was in a super hurry, i just applied it with my fingers and was good to go!  very easy to use and great during the hot month of August - this was definintely my friend!

6. Sonia Kashuk Brow Definer in Haze
I had been looking for a new eyebrow pencil, because my tattoo on my eyebrows are wearing off and so i've been having to pencil them in.. for the month of July I had been using the rimmel one which was decent and did come with a cute little brush (which was kind of really hard/scratchy).. i liked it though.. until i found this one! it's a perfect color not too dark and it stays put! i'm planning on getting my eyebrows retouched soon, so until then, will be using this! 





7. Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express Mascara in Very Black
the first time i tried it, i wasn't too thrilled about it, but the more i used it, the more it worked better and i ended up falling in love with this mascara.. although it doesn't quite hold the curl of my lashes because the formula is so wet, it still makes my lashes thick and just super long! i reached for this more than any of my other mascaras, and will probably need to buy a backup soon!






So hope you enjoyed what my favorite products for August were.. :) till next time!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I heard about the Sonia Kashuk TM from you because I LOVE it! I wanted to try the Cover Girl eyeliner but wasn't sure about it since I'm sometimes disappointed by their products but you make it sound amazing so I might just give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didnt know you make vids on yt!!!Gonna watch them!!!Lovely favs!!Falsies is amazing and this naked palette I have to have it!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tiffany - you're so very welcome! I'm glad you love it too! :) yea the eyeliner is a hit or miss.. i always struggle with eyeliner, and this is the best for me so far, i mean it still does smudge a bit, but not as much as like urban decay 24/7 zero or the Milani Liquifeye (sp?).. i do want to try the MUFE one to compare lol.. :) but i keep reaching for this one even though i have so many eyeliners now lol

    @Blushingloves - yes i do, not that many just yet, but i plan to :) just working my way up there! but yes the naked palette is great! :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate any and all comments! So thank you for showing us some LOVE!

Please do NOT use this area to advertise your business, personal blog or website

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review