Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review :: Maybelline 24/7 Color Tattoo with Swatches

So, if you remember from my huge collective haul blog post and video, I have all 10 eyeshadows of the Maybelline 24/7 Color Tattoo Cream eyeshadows.


I wanted to give my input/review and share my swatches with those that still do not have them yet or are on the fence about getting them, or just want to see swatches!


I did purchase these with my own money, I did not purchase them all at once. I had to find these in different stores and a lot of times the drugstores I found them in were having sales which really helped. The cheapest that i've found them is at Target. 









The names of all 10 shades:
- Audacious Asphalt
- Bad to the Bronze
- Bold Gold
- Edgy Emerald
- Fierce & Tangy
- Painted Purple
- Pomegranate Punk
- Tenacious Teal
- Too Cool
- Tough as Taupe (the only matte shade)


My favorites that I use all the time:
- Audacious Asphalt
- Bad to the Bronze
- Tough as Taupe
- Too Cool (just for inner tear duct)
- Pomegranate Punk
- Bold Gold


I sometimes use them as a base (I like to use these in conjunction with my naked/naked2 palettes) and sometimes I will use them as an eyeshadow. I have slightly oily lids and typically need a primer before any type of eyeshadow. I don't find that these crease on me. 


I will picture a few of these below and compare them to whatever MAC Paint pots I have that may be similar in color.  


These range from about $5-7 depending on where you purchase them, I've found them for $5.49 at Target and that's the cheapest I've seen them.  If you have a manufacture's coupon you definitely can get it for a dollar cheaper. 


I have not worn my eyeshadows (or any makeup) for 24 hours. So i cannot say these last for 24 hours or not, but they do last a very long time (max i've had makeup on with these eyeshadows was for 12 hours with no creasing). Some colors perform better than others, but they are all still very lovely! 


I do wish they had much more colors that were neutral or more for everyday. Although the bright colors they do have would be amazing for this spring/summer season.



Some Comparisons to MAC Paint Pots:






Pros:
- inexpensive
- last long 
- can use as a base or wear alone as an eyeshadow
- a lot of product


Cons:
- some colors don't perform as well (some can be splotchy, the really glittery ones)
- some people have complained they crease (not that I have experienced that)
- always out of stock (the more neutral/everyday colors)
- Hard to find


Overall, I definitely would recommend these. They are fairly inexpensive and get the job done and last for a long time. These did not make my eyelids feel dry at all despite the long wear.  


Do you have any? if you do what are some of your favorites?


FTC: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by myself. I was not paid to do this review, nor does it alter my view on the product. As always, my reviews are with my HONEST thoughts and opinions.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing those excellent swatches!  I was having a hard time deciding on colors until seeing your swatches!  I think I'll pick up Pomegranate Punk and Bold Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post! I'm dying to try these out! I haven't found anyone who had them all, until now, which makes it much easier to decide which colors to get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm so glad this was able to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy! Thank you for stopping by! I'm glad this post was useful! Pomegranate Punk & Bold Gold are beautiful choices! 

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate any and all comments! So thank you for showing us some LOVE!

Please do NOT use this area to advertise your business, personal blog or website

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review