Sunday, April 29, 2012

First Gym Session after Having Baby! :: 4/29/2012

Hey All! :)


So Today officially marks the first day of my journey to getting into the best shape of my life. I did go to the gym yesterday but forgot to blog about it, so I decided today is my official day! It's going to be the start of eating more healthy, exercising to get my pre-baby body back AND some! I'm hoping to shed the fat i've gained throughout my pregnancy as well as build some sexy lean muscle.


Yesterday After the gym, Hubby and I decided to get some new kicks! I'll have to take a picture of them, but I ended up getting black and green ones, since the ones I originally wanted - they didn't have. 


Since yesterday was upper body, today was my favorite.. Legs, Legs, LEGS!


here's what I did:



Legs:

- Barbell Back Squats:

45lbs (warmup) x 5
45lbs x 5
65lbs x 5
85lbs x 5
85lbs x 5
95lbs x 5

- Dumbbell SLDL
15lbs x 8
20lbs x 8
22.5lbs x 8

- Bulgarian Lunges w/ Dumbbells
12.5lbs (each hand) x 8 (each leg)
7.5lbs (each hand) x 8 (each leg)
BW x 8 (each leg)

- Seated Calf Raises
35lbs x 12
35lbs x 12
35lbs x 12

Biceps/Arms:
- Barbell Curls
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 5

- Alternating Dumbbell Curls
12lbs x 8
12lbs x 8
12lbs x 8
12lbs x 8
12lbs x 8

- Tricep Pulldown
20lbs x 10
20lbs x 10
20lbs x 10


- Dips(freaking fail! my arms were noodle-like after the above workouts)
BW x 8
BW x 8


Abs:
- Crunches (3 sets of 25)
- Leg raises (3 sets of 15) 

So that pretty much was my first workout after having Sophia.. I think I didn't do too bad.. but man, am I feeling the pain already lol. My Abs are my weakest point right now (well obviously since I just had sophia and was not using my Ab muscles for the duration of my pregnancy)

With that said, i'm looking forward to transforming my body, to the best shape of my life. Not only for myself, but for my kids! I want to be a great role model for them, and of course an inspiration to other ladies/moms that don't think it's possible to get your body back after having a baby (let alone THREE!) So I welcome you all to join me on my journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any and all comments! So thank you for showing us some LOVE!

Please do NOT use this area to advertise your business, personal blog or website

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review