So today I had an early eye dr appt and also another appt for my migraines/my knee.. and after those appts decided to go to the gym with hubby.
So it was another leg day, but the workout would be the opposite from the other leg day i did - meaning instead of the quads being the dominant muscle worked, today's leg workout focused on the hamstrings and just worked out the quads lightly.
here is what I did..
- Romanian Deadlifts: i did not want to push myself to the max because of my knee pain.. but i did do the olympic bar, which totaled weight i did was 95lbs, i did 5 sets of 5 repetitions.
- Good Mornings - 45lbs olympic bar no additional weights - this really put a lot of pressure on my bad knee, so i couldn't add anymore weights, but my hammies did get a good workout from these two exercises. i did 3 sets of 8 repetitions.
- Seated Leg extensions (machine) - 40lbs - 3 sets of 12 repetitions
I was supposed to workout triceps, but decided to just do biceps instead lol
- Alternating Seated Dumbbell Curls - 17.2lbs each hand - 5 sets of 5 repetitions
- Hammer curls (using the cables) - 30lbs - 3 sets of 8 repetitions
and that completed the workout. I am going to start adding more days to my routine, if you've noticed i haven't been able to post as much my routines or go as much these past two weeks because of my darn knee. as much as i would push myself, i'd be taking two steps backwards.. so i decided to really take a week off to rest my knee.
Hubby and I went to runners circle, because we had both been wanting to get the Vibrams for quite some time - he's been doing a lot of research on the shoes and thought it'd be great for the both of us.
So we decided to go check them out in person, try them on and purchase them. My Hubby got the all black KSO's and i got the same ones as he did, but in grey and pink. they look like this:
these are the ones he got.
and these are the ones that he bought me:
I had tweeted about them on twitter, and had a few responses that they were ugly or WTF are those, why?! .. LOL.. well that's nice, because im not wearing them to be pretty or for a fashion statement. if you want to know what they are for, i encourage you all to check out the website www.vibramfivefingers.com to read more about it.
NO i do not work for them, NO I am not affiliated with them in any way. My Husband and I have researched about these shoes and we wanted them :)
but i'm looking forward to using them. i'm sort of just breaking them in (wearing them around the house, trying to get my feet used to them etc).. looking forward to strengthening my legs/feet! it's going to be interesting lifting weights in these!