Wednesday, January 11, 2012

(PIC HEAVY) Huge Collective Haul :: Xmas gifts, MAC, Sephora, Ulta & Drugstore!

So it's been such a long time I feel since my last major haul.. with Christmas and what not, I thought it'd be perfect to do a blog post (and a video to come) on my Haul from the past few months! :) 


(Warning :: Sorry the pictures are all over the place/sideways, for some reason when I save it, it's upright, but when i post it here, it's sideways or upside down :( )


So let's start with the bigger items and move our way down the line..


Naked 2 Palette
My dad got me a gift card to spend, so of course I had to choose this palette when it came out (i'll do a separate review/comparison with the original naked palette)



top: naked original, bottom: naked2

top: naked2, bottom: naked original

top: naked2, bottom: naked original






Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV
Urban decay was having a new year sale I believe and originally it's priced at $64, they had it at $44 with free shipping (over $35), and MyGlam had a code to get $15 off, so Hubby said I could get it - so Karen, Marilyn and I placed our orders! WOO HOO! such a steal! the shipping was so fast that Karen and I got it on New years eve! :)
(going to be giving one of these away - stay tuned!)







not too fond of the applicator =/


But it is black as heck!

And the Mascara it came with - might give this a whirl

Last month, I went to Ulta with Karen and My Mom.. she was kind enough to purchase these for me: 

DDF Glycolic 10% toner

I've been using this toner at night and I could already see a difference (within a week or two, my pores on my nose and cheeks are so small!) and it smells like puppy breath lol.. it does sting a bit, but it's not something that I can't tolerate. overall really like this and what it's doing for my skin! can do a more elaborate review on this if anyone is interested!

Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer (combination skin)
(not my photo)

I love how this really sinks into the skin, does not feel greasy whatsoever, leaves me skin feeling soft and supple. smells great to boot! 

And then I remembered before Christmas, I had went in to Ulta with My Friend (and neighbor) Marilyn.. to get my kids teachers some gifts (they had these beauty bundles for under $10), and decided to pick up this for myself:

It's a 10 Miracle leave in spray

(not my photo)

So far that i've been using it, makes my hair really soft, shiny and more manageable. It also says it does these 10 things (hence why "it's a 10" =P)
  1. Repairs Dry Damaged hair
  2. Adds Shine
  3. Smooths & Controls frizz
  4. Seals & protects hair color
  5. Flat Iron spray & Thermal protector
  6. Detangles
  7. Stops hair breakage
  8. Creates silkiness
  9. Enhances Natural body
  10. Prevents split ends


Sorry to go back in time, but like literally 2.5 months ago, I went and found those Revlon lip butters and ended up never posting it! so thought it'd be fitting to add these in this haul post. I found them at CVS when they were having their buy one get one 50% off and I also had some CVS extra bucks so definitely took advantage of these babies, paid next to nothing for these 


Then I spotted these babies at CVS 2 weeks ago, it's the L'oreal 24Hr Infallible Eyeshadows. These are supposedly can be compared to Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadows (which I do not own - so I can't confirm nor deny that claim).. I haven't tried these yet, but wanted to show you all the colors i got!






And then last week I stopped by walgreens and saw the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr eyeshadow, and I could only pick up one at the time, but plan to pick up pomegranate punk, and bold gold. Supposedly these are comparable to MAC Paint pots! I have yet to try these (gah! I have so much stuff to try out!) 


I wasn't in the market for a new eyebrow pencil, but when I saw this.. I wanted to try it out.. i can't remember who in the world tweeted this, but they used this product and swore by it.. so i wanted to give it a go.. I honestly like it a lot, but the only thing is.. sharpening it is a b***! lol.. because it feels like it's made out of plastic, but someone on makeupalley.com said they called a maybelline rep and they said you sharpen it like a regular pencil, it's just the finish that looks plastic.. well i tried to sharpen a little and the "plastic" was chipping! so.. ugh that's my only gripe.. but otherwise it's a great product..


Maybelline Mastershape By EyeStudio Eyebrow pencil






And then on January 5th, when the MAC Naturally collection came out, I went to the mall with Karen & Marilyn to check it out and see if I'd like anything.. I only ended up getting Redhead MSF. I've used it a few times and really like it so far, i'm debating if I need to get blonde MSF as well lol but I think i'd rather save up for the Dior Amber Diamond highlighter! cause we went to sephora afterwards and i saw it.. and i have been wanting it for so long! UGHH!


MAC Redhead MSF



So like I mentioned, we ended up going to Sephora just to check out what they had :) .. and i went home with these:


Love this stuff! I had to get another one, because My husband loved mine so much I gave it to him :D

Did that skin type test when we were at mac (stopped by at the clinique counter and found out my skin type)


just realized i can't use the toner as of yet because it has salicylic acid (not good during pregnancy) lol.. so i can use it afterwards, but luckily I still have some of the mild clarifying lotion thanks to Marilyn! :) so i'm using that for now until after I have baby..  but the facial wash and lotion are awesome (i use those for my daytime routine)



New iPhone Cases :) 
okay ever since I sold my old iphone 3gs as well as my husband's old iphone 3g on craiglist, I was able to get a new iPhone 4s (and in love with it!) .. I decided to get some new cases off ebay here are the two i got so far (waiting for one more -- i'm waiting for a pink version of stitch!!)


and that's a wrap! that's everything that I had picked up over the past few months.. I will update this when I do the haul video :) because I know some of you would like to see swatches or see the items "live" :D so i'll do that this weekend hopefully! 

What have you hauled lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any and all comments! So thank you for showing us some LOVE!

Please do NOT use this area to advertise your business, personal blog or website

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review