Thursday, May 31, 2012

Week 3 :: Weight Loss Update - Cardio/HIIT


Hi Everyone! I know week 3 is a little late, but I still wanted to put this up for those that were interested! 

This week I concentrated on adding Cardio into my routine and I go on to talk about the type of cardio that I like to do (HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training)




High Intensity Interval Training is definitely more effective than just running on a treadmill or jogging at a steady pace because your body goes into whats called a steady state. Meaning your body is used to the same pace you're going.. thus trying to conserve the fat/calories so you typically don't lose much calories nor fat..but it is good for your heart.  HIIT is great because of the short periods of high intensity and alternating with low intensity, it tricks the body, making your heart lungs and entire body work harder.. burning more calories, thus burning more fat.


When you do too much cardio though, it tends to burn away the muscle that you've worked so hard to build.. and my main goal is lose the fat and gain lean muscle! so I definitely don't want to do that! 


The exercises you'll see are featured in my one post:
http://www.beautyandthebrute.com/2012/05/gym-session-05092012.html


And the exercises mention in ONE set are:
Bodyweight Squats - 12 reps
Spiderman Pushups - 12 reps
Jumping Lunges - 12 reps
Plank to Pushups - 12 reps
Mountain Climbers - 12 reps
--- rest 90 seconds



all of those are considered ONE set! I started doing just 3 sets.. but have worked my way to doing 4 or 5.. and the thing I love most about doing this cardio complex is that it's so much more fun than just running on a treadmill for 30-45 minutes.  This literally only takes me 15-20 minutes and really gets my heart pumping and gets me sweating tons!


Thank you all for the support during my challenge! Next week I am hoping to do an updated progression shot.. to help keep me motivated and work harder then the past few weeks.. I'm definitely still not where I want to be, and remember results to happen over night.. so I definitely am not discouraged but rather.. more motivated!


If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Until my next video/Blog Post! :)







1 comment:

  1. OMG I know why now I've been in such a rut. I totally need to change my workout routine. I'm the one that's been walking for 30 minutes & then weights.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate any and all comments! So thank you for showing us some LOVE!

Please do NOT use this area to advertise your business, personal blog or website

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review